Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Round up

What's been happening since I last posted?

We had a pleasant dinner on Christmas night at the home or friends of ours, and a quiet New Year's Eve at home.

I had a lovely few days in Sydney, with my mother and my sister. Highlights included meeting my agent, the wonderful Clare Forster, and lunching with her at the Customs House restaurant with views of Sydney Harbour. On the Friday evening, Mum and I went and saw Billy Elliot: the Musical, which we both enjoyed a great deal. On the Saturday evening, after all three of us had had dinner, Andrea and I joined the crowds at the opening events of the Sydney Festival - free concerts on six stages around the Domain, Hyde Park, and environs. We just missed Paul Kelly, but saw Brian Wilson (of Beach Boys fame), and then wandered to Hyde Park where a salsa band was getting many people dancing - including me! (Can't resist good music!)

In between, we did some shopping, ate, visited the Museum of Contemporary Art, and generally had a relaxed time enjoying the sights and each other's company.

Since getting home, I've been working on the edits for the book, and yesterday I had a great meeting with a local police sergeant who was very helpful in providing advice and answering questions about police procedures.

And around here, the grass has grown high because of recent rains, the blackberries are ripening, there's still hyacinth orchids flowering, and the dams are full. Life is mostly pretty good!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thesis Proofreading Great info, i appreciate your way of writing and kind knowledge