Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Golden Heart

I'm finally home again, after all the excitement of the RWA Conference in Dallas and the absolute, amazing thrill of winning the Golden Heart award for best romantic suspense manuscript.

I'm very, very tired though, and am having trouble locating a functioning braincell, so please excuse this short post! I'll write more later, but in the meantime, my friend Theresa was with me at the awards, and took some photos - you can see them on her blog.

Super congrats also to fellow Australian, Barbara Hannay, who won a RITA Award.

It's time for me to take my jetlagged brain and body off to a warm, cosy bed. I have to go to work tomorrow, so I need a solid night of sleep!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Huge congrats to you, Bron! This is so well-deserved. Yay!!!

Dullcie Anne

Anonymous said...

Go Bronwyn! You do realise this qualifies for a crash tackle hug at Aus conference in three weeks time?

Jennie

Bronwyn Parry said...

Thanks, Dullcie and Jennie!

Jennie, maybe I should wear my bike helmet to the Aus conference :-)

Anonymous said...

Hello, Bron. I had to track you down to offer my heartfelt congratulations, as well. I was so excited to see you win after our adventure on Saturday. Thanks for you help, and ENJOY your moment of glory!

Best,
Barbara Samuel

Anonymous said...

Hi Bron,

I promise I won't actually knock you over, but you are going to get hugged. Probably cried on a little, too.

Waves to Barbara. I'm a long-time fan of your books.

Jennie

Laura Hamby said...

Hi Bron,

So happy for you. Congratulations. I hope you're still basking.

~Laura

Bronwyn Parry said...

Thanks, Barbara and Laura!

Barbara, it was a privilege to be at your workshop on Saturday - I really enjoyed it, and as well as refreshment and creative stimulation, I've have brought home some practical ideas for my own writing. I'm looking forward to getting hold of some of your books - they've been on my 'to find' list for a while, but now i have extra reason to order some! Thanks again for am inspiring afternoon.